Average Customer Rating:
- Terrific iPad Mini Bluetooth keyboard and case Review by Kenneth
designed. The protective clamshell case is made of neoprene with an
attractive black matte finish and is impact and splash resistant. It
fits well, feels secure and is lightweight and convenient to travel
with. A nice touch is rubber bumpers on the case that both keep the case
from scratching furniture and sliding on table surfaces. The also case
has a protective silicon screen protector sleeve. The tradeoff for all
this protection is that it takes a few minutes to mount the iPad mini
and is not just a pop in & out procedure.
The device is powered by a rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery (allows 500
charges). It is recharged by a micro USB port (comes with a 32 inch
micro USB cable). The device can be charged via a computers USB port or
any USB wall charger. Be nice if information was provided as to how long
a charge will last, but it seems to last a very long time (days as
opposed to hours).
Connecting this Bluetooth device to the iPad was effortless and pairing
again is unnecessary. In connects once paired in an instant.
The iPad min easily mounts in an adjustable bracket that allows 360
degree rotation for portrait or landscape orientation. Further by
extending or retracting the bracket arm permits a large number of angles
for viewing. The bracket can be slid out so the iPad mini can be
separated from the keyboard and the bracket used as a separate stand
(with or without the keyboard). The iPad mini attaches firmly when
mounted. When mounted all ports remain accessible. Cover easily closes
and opens when iPad mini is attached. On opening the case, the iPad mini
auto starts which is another nice feature.
The fullQWERTY keyboard is well layout with nice size chiclet style keys
(that are responsive with nice travel but quiet when pressed), not as
large as a desktop but for a portable device very functional. I have
large fingers and was concerned if I could use a keyboard this size
easily and it was not difficult. I particular like the special function
keys that allow adjustments such as: brightness, volume, mute, payback
music controls, search, and closing current app to return to home
screen. LEDs allow feedback as to charging, battery level, caps lock and
pairing status. A great feature to add would be back-lighting the keys
to allow for use in dark environments.
In summary this is a wonderful iPad mini device that combines the major
features found in three accessories: Bluetooth keyboard; protective case
and stand. I recommend it without any reservations and plan on using it
both at home and travel. (Posted on 9/23/13)
- Excellent keyboard and case combination Review by Samuel
Using the keyboard while traveling to control the video playback and volume was amazing. Much easier to use than the screen functionality.
Overall, very little to complain about in this product. (Posted on 9/22/13)
- Mini in size, great for function Review by David
- Good solid packaging; well padded.
- Error in Installation Instructions; Under “How to Connect”, section 5, says “Your IPad Mini should discover the NT31b device named “Bluetooth Keyboard” Select this to connect.
o Actually, the iPad Settings menu says “New Trent Keyboard”.
- On page 3 of instructions, para 5 says “Select the Newtrent Keyboard”. The actual settings listing on the iPad mini says “New Trent Keyboard”.
o I like the “New Trent Keyboard” tag in devices; it helps to pick out correct device.
- Step 10. I found my keyboard did not auto-connect on subsequent use. However, it always connected when selected from Settings menu.
- The keyboard design is different that the New Trent Blue Tooth keyboard for the iPad Retina. For example, to actuate the “Home” button (upper left) requires the Fn + Home button on the iPad Mini keyboard; on the iPad Retina just the “Home” button is required. I use the home button frequently. I know the keyboard is smaller, but I recommend leaving the “Home Button” as primary and making the “~” button used with the Fn button.
- The keys have great feel, positive feedback when pressed, and large enough despite the small keyboard.
- The Silicone sleeve fits well, except for the main latch. It did not fit well or stay connected. Suggest using a Velcro latch or another attachment that fits more snugly.
- The clear plastic cover is a very good idea. It protects the iPad screen but does not interfere with the touch accuracy. Well done!
- The hinge is very stiff, which is good. The stiff hinge prevents the iPad Mini from “flopping” around, possibly damaging the unit.
Overall rating: 4
- The silicone sleeve is not as good as a hard shell case and gives the unit a slightly odd feel. If protection is the main object, then silicone is probably better.
- The Fn + Home button combination is not convenient.
- Great button feel and feedback.
- Easy to connect and use.
(Posted on 9/21/13)
- Great protectable case that allows you to type on your iPad Mini via bluetooth Review by Jeffrey
- Love it Review by Jimmy
- Best Keyboard/Case Combo For iPad Mini! Review by Samantha
#1. First of all this is almost like two different products because you can actually remove the case from the keyboard and still have full protection with a built in stand which is quite sturdy too (and it comes with an integrated screen protector). You cannot even find a protective case of this quality for less/ then $59.95 anywhere. When connected to the keyboard, the mini can be adjusted into so many positions and angles. It can be viewed in portrait or landscape mode and you can flip upside down to show somebody else whats on your screen. I am just in awe of this product.
#2. It is actually really dirt proof! It ALL comes right off if you get anything on it. This case is also shock proof, and water resistant (which basically means you just can't submerge it in water).
#3. The bluetooth is very easy to connect, your iPad will "see" it right away and you only have to connect one time. The keyboard fully charges in about and hour or so, and I've had this for about a week an a half and haven't had to recharge it yet!
#4. On the keyboard it has controls so you can go to the homescreen, change the brightness, you can play/pause videos or movies, rewind/fast forward, increase or decrease volume, and much more with just the press of a button!
#5. This actually looks like a Mini Laptop! It is very sleek, expensive looking, and just a great quality product! (Especially for the price were actually getting it at.)
All in all this is a 5 star product and I couldn't be happier with it! And I've bought a few products from New Trent now and I haven't been disappointed one time, and really that's all someone can ask for! (Posted on 8/13/13)
- Well worth the price. Review by Skip
- Great keyboard case! Review by William
found it to be an essential addition to my iPad Mini. Overall, I would
rate it a 5 out of 5 - it's great.
* Protection. I feel so much safer carrying my iPad around, putting it
in my backpack, etc. with the protection the Airbender provides. I
hope I never drop my iPad. But if I do, I feel like the Airbender
will keep any damage to a minimum. I'm more than happy to trade a
little extra bulk for the peace of mind the case provides. Plus all
the ports are covered saving me from cleaning lint out of the ports
like I have to do once in a while on my iPhone.
* Build Quality. The case fits my Mini like a glove and the rubberized
outer shell gives it a nice grippy feel that actually makes it
easier to hold than the naked iPad. The screen protector works
perfectly. I was concerned before buying that the screen protector
might detract from the tangible nature of interacting with an iPad -
perhaps causing the screen to be less sensitive to my touch. But
this has not been a problem in the least and I enjoy the feel of the
screen protector as much as I do the bare iPad touchscreen. The
entire package is very well designed and when the whole thing is
assembled and closed clamshell-style, it feels like a high-quality
miniature laptop. I just love carrying it around and showing it off
* Versatility. I really appreciate the way the case can adapt to the
way I want to use it rather than the other way around. I can carry
the iPad by itself in the case, I can use the stand and the case
(without the keyboard) to prop up the iPad so it is easier to work
on or to watch a movie, or I can fold everything up together and use
it like a laptop. And in the short time I've owned it, I have
already used the Airbender for all of these functions and it works
great. I also like that the stand disconnects from the keyboard so I
can place the iPad and keyboard relative to each other in the most
* Value. This thing is an absolute steal for forty bucks! I looked at
other keyboard cases that cost twice as much as the Airbender but
none of them provide as much functionality and protection.
* Keyboard. The keys have a very nice feel and are easy to type on. I
am a very fast touch-typist so there is a learning curve for me to
find the correct keys given their smaller size and the locations of
some of the punctuation keys and Shift keys. But once I have been
typing on it for a few minutes, my hands adjust pretty well. I'm
confident I will get better at this as I become more accustomed to
the smaller keyboard.
* Closure flap.I can't say I love the little flap that attaches the
keyboard to the upper case. I feel like it could tear off easily or
break off and I find it takes a little more work than I expected to
get the flap to seat completely in its notch. If the case needs a
flap to close it (I'm not convinced it does), I would wish for a
more sturdy one that gives a more satisfying closure. (Posted on 8/9/13)
- It almost turns the Mini into a netbook, though there are a few limitations. Review by Shane
The Bluetooth keyboard connects easily and lasts a long time, if you switch it off between uses. I've had it a week and haven't had to recharge it yet, still I'd recommend purchasing it with a dual USB charger. The case is rugged with rubber and plastic, a screen protector, and flaps over all inputs, keeping my tablet well protected from the elements. I love that the screen can rotate so that my view is either portrait or landscape, however I'd prefer that it snap into those positions. The fact that it swivels to any location in between feels a little flimsy or cumbersome. It closes up nicely with the keyboard providing excellent screen protection.
Unfortunately, in some apps the keys don't always work as labeled. In Safari for example, the "l"; key is not an "l", but acts as punctuation. The keys function as expected in Pages and other apps I tried through. One suggestion would be some sort of indicator of battery charge, like the onscreen battery indicator I get when paired with my Jawbone Bluetooth. It currently doesn't seem to give an indication when it is fully charged, or when my battery is low.
Overall, it is an excellent case and a good keyboard. (Posted on 8/8/13)
- Great Product at a Great Price Review by Charlene
I received this keyboard/case and was pleasantly pleased . After several days of using the product, I felt I needed to post this review to let others know what a wonderful product and accessory for my Mini IPad. To start with, the case was easy to install on my IPad, then syncing the keyboard with the IPad using the bluetooth was very simple following the instructions that were included. Once that was set up, I was ready to go....the keyboard itself has sturdy keys and they respond well to touch, typing on the keyboard was much easier that I thought given the size of the keyboard. Using it to chat or email was simple and easier that the keyboard on the Mini Ipad. I love the fact that the IPad was easy to adjust, rotate vertical or horizontal and it detaches easily if needed. Watching a movie and not having to hold the Mini, using the adjustable stand is a plus too. There are extra buttons on the keypad for controlling playback controls, volume and the brightness of the screen which makes it easy instead of locating them on the IPad. I like the fact too that all the ports are protected with the silicone tabs and are easy to access when needed. Overall, I really love this keyboard/case...It is built well, not bulky and is very versatile. It gives me the protection I need to keep my IPad safe ifit were dropped. The only cons that I found are the silicone piece tab that locks the keyboard and IPad in place, I find it alittle hard to get in place. Also, I would suggest maybe some additional colors to choose from...other than that I feel it is a great Ipad accessory and I would recommend this product. Great product at a Great Price !
http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-reviews/A1X1CEGHTHMBL1/ (Posted on 8/8/13)